Please note: This calendar is subject to change.
Please contact the convenor or email the blog author for confirmation.
Show and Tell and Problem Solving day
retail: Rex and Evelyn Reynolds Yarns
workshop: Double Knitting - Lynne
retail: The Wool Inn - Anita, featuring garments from Jo Sharp
workshop: Tunisian Crochet - Vicki
retail: The Wool Inn - Anita
workshop: crochet a special rug - Anita
retail: Lush Yarns - Michelle and Marie
workshop: slip stitch colourwork - Lynne
retail: Viginia Farm Woolworks - Jenny and Phillip Dunn
demonstration: needle felting
retail: Suzanne's House of Wool (hand dyed yarns and fibre) - Suzanne
all day workshop: colourwork and feral knitting - with Lynn Johnson $40 (members only)
all day workshop: Moebius Knitting - Jude Skeers $40 (members only)
retail: Wooldancer (hand-dyed and handspun yarns, and fibre) - Michelle Snowdon
workshop: different cast on techniques - Lynne
workshop: Colour Theory for Knitting - Fiona Donovan (Inner City group)
members' stash sale
20 November - Annual General Meeting
retail: Belisa Cashmere (yarn) - Bev Cooper
18 December retail: book sale - Keith Ainsworth
Monday, 20 December 2010
- Guild will be represented at craft shows at Rose Hill, Darling Harbour and Homebush. Veronica Moschione would like some help for the Rose Hill Craft Expo in March.
- Guild is seeking original patterns in knit or crochet for books to be printed by the Guild to celebrate 25 years in 2011.
- There are seven Guild Coffee Mugs available for sale and plenty of copies of The Australian Afghan book.
- Guest speaker is needed for the AGM in March 2011. Any suggestions, please contact Merrin or Kate.
- Guild’s Library list now available online.
- If there are any books you would like purchased for our library please let Joanne know.
- Joanne has put our library list on a USB and Kate is going to put it online. It will be available next month on http://www.librarything.com.au/.
- Robyn Green, who started our group, has been nominated for lifetime membership. A supporting letter and nomination will be sent to the Guild Executive.
- Fees for lace workshop in March (with Galena) must be paid to Vicki at January meeting
Other Knittting News
- Scarf competition as part of the Rhythm of Life festival in Geelong in 2011. Contact Clare or visit the website: http://www.nwm.vic.gov.au/
- Workshop: colour work / Fair Isle Knitting with Terry; bring colours, no white or cream, 5ply is best and appropriate needles; part two of this workshop will be held in February
- NSW Knitters' Guild Membership fees are due in January; membership forms can be downloaded from the Guild website.
- Blue Mountains Group members: please let Ann (treasurer) know if you have renewed.