- Sew Beautiful at 1/ 121 Macquarie Rd Springwood is organizing a toy drive for the children of Toowoomba. She is after toys, blankets or gifts by March 1st . phone 47517988 for more details.
- Samaritan's purse in Glenbrook is after hand knitted toy puppets for their Christmas Child boxes. Terry has copies of the pattern if you wish to contribute.
- Terry also has copies of the Hawkesbury show schedule. Entries close early April.
Veronica Moschione, the exhibitions convenor, paid us a visit . She talked about this year’s events. Castle Hill, St. Ives, Darling Harbour and The RAS are all upcoming. Terry is going to be part of the team setting up Darling Harbour and the RAS.
- The Guild will have a stand at the Craft Expo to be held at Rosehill Racecourse (10 -13 March). It will be alongside the Handspinners and Weavers, The Embroiderers and the Machine Knitters Guilds. Volunteers needed.
- As yet, the Guild has no date for our stall at the RAS. Volunteers will be also be needed for this Show.
- Veronica has received over 300 silver leaves for the Guild display at the Darling Harbour Craft Show; many thanks to those who have helped. Each group will need to contribute five articles for display as a sample of the group's work. So far, we have a pair of socks from Rosie. You can contribute anything you have hand knitted or crocheted.
- Volunteers will be needed to help people learn to knit at the Darling Harbour Show and to assist with enquiries at the Guild's stand.
The raffle was won by Diane.
Show and Tell
Those who are attending the workshop will need to bring their own lunch and afternoon tea for both days. Needles : 2.5mm to 3.5mm. Yarn will be supplied on the day at a cost of about $25.
SHOW AND TELL PHOTOS
|close up of two of Jude's mobius wraps knitted in Lara Down's Merino laceweight|
|Yvonne's jacket modelled by Marie|
|Marie's Mitred Wrap (design by Jane Slicer-Smith)|
|Ally's Advent Scarf|
|Mavis' crochet blanket|
|Lynne's Fair Isle "homework"|