- Membership renewals are now due. Whether you pay by cheque or bank deposit, please let Ann know that you have renewed your membership.
- The Darling Harbour exhibition requires five articles from each group. They can be five of the same sort or five totally different to showcase our group’s work. There are 19 groups who will have work displayed. The work can be knitting or crocheting. Perhaps some tatting could be included. Please consider what you would want to display. Terry is going to help put up the display so that our work will not be damaged We need to have our display delivered 2 weeks before the Craft Show which will be the 22nd - 26th of June 2011. If anyone can knit a fork, knife, spoon, plate or a wineglass please let Terry know.
- If you are interested in a hard plastic badge that pins on please see Monica. They cost $10 each and she would like payment in advance.
- The Orenburg Lace workshop will be on Saturday March 26th and Sunday March 27th 10am to 4pm. There is a waiting list for this workshop, but there places still available in the Guild workshops. The requirements for the workshop will be advised by Vicki before March.
- The One Skein swap questionnaires have been handed out . If you missed out and want one please see Diane. Could we have them all filled in and returned at the February meeting please.
- A reminder that on the first Sunday of every month the Ravelry group, Up the M4, meet upstairs at The Red Cow pub opposite Penrith station. We meet at 12 to eat, drink, laugh and knit until about 3pm. Everyone is welcome.
- Terry intends to start an upper mountains group. It will be at the Community Centre in Katoomba at a cost of $2 per meeting. He hopes to start in late February. The group will be a combination of chat and teaching/learning. It will be informal to start with and probably on a Saturday afternoon.
- Terry proposed that when the convenor is doing a workshop we should have a stand-in to run the meeting. He has talked to Venetta who is happy to do this.
- Merrin was asked about the Guild doing something for Flood Relief. There is talk of collecting yarn and accessories for those in Northern NSW who were affected by the floods. Merrin is monitoring this to see whether donations will be needed. Please let Merrin know if you know of any groups co-ordinating this. Merrin will get back to us id anything is needed.
Terry held a beginners’ introduction to Fair Isle workshop. He was very helpful in his instructions and everyone who attended learnt something.
Part two of Terry's Fair Isle workshop will be held at the February meeting.
Lois won the raffle.