Merrin circulated copies of Guild correspondence relating to the AGM and elections. Included was the letter of resignation from Jenny Chioatto in protest of the way the Executive treated nominations. Nominations were called for last year to be with the returning officer by January 28 2010. On the form it stated that nominator and nominee must be full financial members. The dispute is about WHEN you must be financial. It states at the date of nomination on the form. When the nominations were put to the executive it was decided that four were not valid due to lack of membership renewal by January 29th. The returning officer is entitled by law to notify those with irregularities so that they may be fixed. This did not happen. The Executive voting on this matter is considered to be a conflict of interest. We have submitted as a group a letter of our concern over this matter. It is hoped that 2010 will be one of review to clear up any anomalies so that this will not happen again. All are welcome to come to the AGM.
All members of the Guild are encouraged to use the official Knitters Guild website. To access all forums contact Kris Howard and she will get straight back to you with a password. The address for the website is http://www.knittersguildnsw.org.au/
Congratulations to Susan and Damien on the birth of their son, Benjamin.
Vicki is taking names for the July and August workshops. Monies will have to be paid in advance. Limit for Jude Skeers workshop is 10 and the Feral Knitting workshop is 15.
Suzanne will purchase a ball winder and swift for members; use at group meetings.
Additions to the library: Knitting Fashion and Glorious Knitting.
The Blacktown Show was on the same weekend as the February meeting and Merrin entered knitting.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Castle Hill show entries close Friday 26th February , the show is on 12th-14th March.
- The Stitches and Craft show which was to have been held in February has been postponed. It will now be held 14th-16th April at the Technology Park at Redfern.
- The Craft Expo will be on at The Dome, Olympic Park; 11th-14th March.
- Textile Fibre Forum; Orange; 11th-17th April. Many retail stalls will be there. Fleece and yarn, books and buttons, etc. 9-5 each day. There are still vacancies in Liz Gemmell's class if anyone is interested.
- Berry Muster - first weekend in July
Lynne presented a workshop in Double Knitting that was fun and educational. As always Lynne explained it all very clearly. Many of us had never heard of this technique before. (report from Diane)
There was a great variety in Show and Tell - socks, blankets, lace in progress, scarves and garments from mitred squares.