Visitors were welcomed; those from the West Ryde group acknowledged by name.
Two new members of the Blue Mountains group were acknowledged – welcome Olga and Karen.
Clare has given birth to a baby girl, born two months early, named Ciara (pronounced Keera).
NEWS FROM THE GUILD
- Renewal forms will be in the next newsletter. The form is slightly changed. The next executive meeting will decide on the new fees format; that is, whether fees will remain split between city and country members or whether a flat fee will be charged. The final decision will be announced in the next newsletter.
- The workshop convenor would like to know who is available in each group to teach and what they can teach. She wants to set up a group of people that can travel to various groups to do workshops. Travel expenses will be paid.
- The changes to the constitution have been delayed. This is due to changes being made by the Office of Fair Trading. The changes will now be voted on at the 2011 AGM.
- The Friendship Book of Knitting was originally published by the Ku-Ring-Gai group. It is now out of print and will not be reprinted. The Guild library owns one copy.
- The President's report sends a thank you to our group for the hospitality shown to our Executive visitors at the last meeting.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- 26 October 2009 entry forms for Sydney Royal Agricultural Show available
- 13 – 14 November 2009: Small Farms Expo Clarendon; the Black and Coloured Sheep Society will be there selling fleeces and hand dyed yarn. Suzanne’s House of Wool will be there.
- 14 November 2009: Love Lawson Festival will be held at the Lawson Community Centre; 10am – 3pm. We will have a stall to promote the Guild and chat to interested people about what we do. Volunteers (Diane, Kate, Denise, Rosie and Merrin) are asked to bring a chair and be there at 9am. Thank you for volunteering. Other members will be welcome.
- 10 - 14 February 2010: Stitches and Craft Show at Rosehill. "Winterwarmers" will be there. Anyone wanting to contribute hand-knitted woollen clothing for the children of Afghanistan can donate there or at Rosehill in August.
- 11 - 14 March 2010: Craft Expo at Olympic Park.
- 16-20 June 2010: Quilt and Craft Fair at Darling Harbour
- 18 - 22 August 2010: Stitches andCraft Show at Rosehill. Winterwarmers will be at this show - donations of woollen clothing for children in Afghanistan gratefully accepted.
We have a few ideas for spending our surplus this year they include a wool winder, a swift and a blocking kit. All items will be kept in the library cupboard for use here; that is they may not be taken home.
Monica has offered to help anyone doing their achievement certificates as she has completed hers.
Annual General Meeting and our group’s 10th birthday with a cake by Marie from Lush Yarns.
Retail: Belisa Cashmere will be here to tempt us with yarns and kits.
December: one skein challenge – knit or crochet anything from one skein [any size]; members will vote for their choice and the winner of the most votes will be given a $50 gift certificate from The Wool Inn (Penrith).
Ainsworth Books will be here with a selection of knitting books – cash only.
No afternoon tea roster that month; members are asked bring a small plate of food to share for our Christmas party.
The raffle was won by Kate (BM group).