Margaret showed us the results of a workshop on dyeing that she did at Virginia Farm with Jenny Dunn.
News from the Knitters' Guild of NSW:
- two new retail members: The Tuncurry Craft Shop in Manning St Tuncurry and Eaglewood Alpaca at Murrumbateman [between Yass and Canberra], who will soon have an online shop.
- Brenda Horne is having a woven knitting workshop at Epping. This is full but the Guild is taking expressions of interest to hold a second. Please contact the Executive.
- There is an Aran workshop with Brenda Horne at Epping on March 29
- The Guild's October Camp is at Kurri Kurri and is approx $375 per head. It will be held on the long weekend in October. Day rates are available. Applications close in June. Some of the workshops are:
* Buttons with Phil Bullock
* Advanced Irish Crochet with Yvonne Fazzolari
* Turkish Socks with Brenda Horne
* Socks on 2 Circular Needles with Kris Howard
* Achievement Certificates with June Maddock
* Designing Gloves that Fit with Clare Hacker
- Craft Show dates for 2009:
* Craftfest: Homebush Bay, March 6-9.
* The Guild will be at the Sydney Royal Easter Show on Sunday 12 April.
* Craft and Quilt Fair: Darling Harbour 10-14 June
* Stitches and Craft Show: Rose Hill Racecourse, 19-23 August
- The Guild AGM is on Saturday 7 March at 11.00 in the Target Theatre, Powerhouse Museum. All members are invited to attend.
- The Inner City Group now meets at the Custom House library every second Saturday of the month.
We are going to ask the Guild what we as a group can do for the bushfire victims. Chesne suggested that Wrap with Love would be looking for donations as they have sent many blankets and their yearly needs may not be met. They require a 10 inch square. On Ravelry there is a group called Packages Downunder that is making up blankets as well as collecting handknits such as socks and beanies.
Donna is still collecting for a bulk order from Woolganics, an Australian organic merino company. They have lovely 8ply yarn in many colours.
Our group's list of events will be handed out at the next meeting.
Afternoon tea roster: March - Margaret, Merilyn, Bev and Mirra.
The raffle was won by Carole H.
At our meeting on 21st March, we will have a guest speaker to talk to us about the National Quilt Register. Visitors are welcome.